Clinician-Scientist Trainee (MD/MSc) based in Stockholm, Sweden.
Junior Doctor Pediatric Hemostasis, Karolinska University Hospital
Postgraduate Researcher, Karolinska Institutet
I am an academically oriented research-minded junior physician, driven to contribute to science and society. I obtained my MD and MSc in the graduate-entry Research Master / Clinician Scientist Training Program at University Medical Center Utrecht and did my PhD at Sanquin – Landsteiner Laboratory, Amsterdam UMC and Leiden University Medical Center. Before, I pursued a degree in Molecular Biomedicine at Maastricht University.
My interests are studies on the intersection of laboratory biomedicine and epidemiology in hemostasis (blood clotting), true translational research, between bedside medicine and the bench. To make sense of my work, I am an enthusiastic R user.
I like to approach clinical challenges through a holistic framework which features continuous flow from challenge to research and implementation.
For my future, I aspire to participate in collaborative, excellent translational clinical research, combining basic and clinical sciences, while assuring societal relevance and impact as core principles.
Please feel free to approach me by mail or on LinkedIn or Twitter. I welcome all connections.
- Whole blood hemostasic assays for diagnosis and management of coagulopathies
- Clinical and molecular prognosis in childhood immune thrombocytopenia
- Statistical learning and penalized regression (LASSO, ridge, Elastic Net)
Publications on Google Scholar
- Childhood ITP Recovery Score
- Suggested Reading (2020 version)
- ITP101: Immune thrombocytopenia student internship guide
- Age at Diagnosis Shapes the Prognosis of Childhood Immune Thrombocytopenia (medRxiv 2020; doi: 10.1101/2020.06.09.20125385; PDF)