Clinician-Scientist (MD/PhD) based in Stockholm, Sweden.
Junior Doctor Pediatric Hemostasis, Karolinska University Hospital
Postgraduate Researcher, Karolinska Institutet
Google Scholar | LinkedIn | Twitter | E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
I am an academically oriented research-minded junior physician, driven to contribute to science and society. My interests are studies on the intersection of laboratory biomedicine and epidemiology in hemostasis (blood clotting), true translational research between bedside medicine and the bench. To make sense of my work, I am an enthusiastic R user.
I obtained my MD in the Research Master Clinician Scientist Training Program at University Medical Center Utrecht and did my PhD at the Sanquin – Landsteiner Laboratory, Amsterdam UMC and Leiden University. As an undergrad I pursued a BSc in Molecular Biomedicine at Maastricht University.
I like to approach clinical challenges through a holistic framework which features continuous flow from challenge to research and implementation.
For my future, I aspire to participate in collaborative, excellent translational clinical research, combining basic and clinical sciences, while assuring societal relevance and impact as core principles.
Please feel free to approach me by mail or on LinkedIn or Twitter. I welcome all connections.
- Diagnostic accuracy studies in coagulopathies and platelet disorders
- Clinical and molecular prognosis in childhood immune thrombocytopenia
- Statistical learning and penalized regression (LASSO, ridge, Elastic Net)
Publications on Google Scholar
We offer internships for students and residents (ST-projekt) in translational hemostasis. We aim to have concise and feasible projects that deliver results. A focus on wet lab or statistics-epidemiology is possible. Feel free to get in touch!
- PhD Thesis (Leiden University Scholarly Publications)
- Childhood ITP Recovery Score
- Suggested Reading (2020 version)
- ITP101: Immune thrombocytopenia student internship guide
- Age at Diagnosis Shapes the Prognosis of Childhood Immune Thrombocytopenia (medRxiv 2020; doi: 10.1101/2020.06.09.20125385; PDF)