The internet is a chaotic place, except for this page. This is an occassionally updated, curated list of quality resources on the internet.
- Free Open Access Meducation for beginners [Revised 2016]
For clinicians, this is the most important page on this website.
- Science of death (external Evernote link)
Symptoms and diagnosis of dying, featuring Lazarus phenomenon and research into near-death experiences, finishing off on dealing with death as a doctor.
- Becoming a better diagnostician (external Evernote link)
Content collection on clinical reasoning & basic epidemiology
- Acid base physiology & blood gas analysis (external Evernote link)
Direct access: acid base sheet (Emcrit) / acid base sheet #2 (NEJM)
- Advanced Acid Base Physiology on the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (june 2014)
including Stewart-approach to acid base physiology, pragmatic acid/base, etc.
Statistics and methodology
- Resources for Medical Statistics
- Improving reproducibility: approaching the individual researcher
- Replication, low power and sample sizes: an update
- R resources
- My collection of reads on specific statistical problems
- Reproducible data analysis and mind-blowing dynamic lab notebook entries using knitr and markdown in R
- Visualisation of high-dimension datasets
- Interpreting regression output in R